Roy C. Sigsbey
1704 Hermitage Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
Computer Software Engineer/Analyst with many years experience in applications analysis
and development. Successful track record with a wide range of commercial software
companies and government agencies such as NASA and the Department of Defense, from
small projects to part of a team of engineers and developers. Built a reputation of excellence
with C/C++, UNIX and Linux, user interfaces, computer graphics and multimedia. Naturally
focused on getting the job done in a high quality manner.
- Several years at Rosby, Inc., as an independent business owner sharpened drive and ability to
understand and meet diverse client needs.
- Learned full system at Oceaneering International, Inc., and came up to speed fast enough to help lead
system integration testing.
- Developed more than 15 casino slot games for Bally Technologies that passed third party testing
and quality on the first attempt.
- While at Ford Aerospace, applied for a Patent for User-System Interface Prototyping System (USIPS),
a rapid prototyping system designed to be used by non-programmers.
Software Engineer at Oceaneering International, Inc., Austin, TX, April, 2014 - Present
Global manufacturer and operator of deep sea oil and gas services and equipment. Responsibilities included development, coding, and testing of ROV (remote operated vehicle) software.
- Employed new and old graphics and GUI tools to improve existing software and tools.
- Utilized C/C++, Microsoft Visual Studio and other libraries and tools for development.
Bally Technologies, Inc.
Firmware Engineer, Reno, NV, August, 2003 - June, 2013
Global maker of casino systems and slot machines. Responsibilities included development,
coding, and testing of lottery games software.
- Incorporated custom design requirements, artwork and audio files.
- Employed video or mechanical reels, real-time animations, and fail-safe recovery.
- Utilized C/C++ and Linux for development.
- All recent games (15+ within last 2 years) passed third party testing and quality on the
President, Colorado Springs, CO, July, 1999 - August, 2003
Founded Rosby, Inc., a computer software and consulting services company. Responsibilities
included new business development, management of client requirements, and providing
customized solutions and services.
- Negotiated a Department of Defense sub-contract and created a 3D mapping and visualization
- Maintained in-house UNIX and Linux software development environments.
- Applied user interface, X-Windows, and 3D graphics (OpenGL and Open Inventor) technologies
per client requirements.
- Performed internet and computer consulting.
Software Contractor, Colorado Springs, CO, June, 1993 - July, 1999
Variety of analysis and software work conducted via contract with Princeton Information,
Streffco Consultants, Space Applications Corp., EDP Contract Services, Telos Consulting, Add
Staff, Compuware Corp., and National Systems & Research Co.
- Client: IPS Meteostar - Weather map generation and display software system.
Responsibilities included software design and development and system administration.
- Client: Micromedex, Inc. - Medical information database in HTML, distributed on CD.
Responsibilities included software porting and development of application to query medical
information data base using SQL and creating an HTML encoded CD for distribution to clients.
- Client: Space Applications Corp. - US Department of Defense simple air traffic radar
system and a modeling and simulation application. Utilized a strong understanding of user
interfaces and 2D graphics to give both applications a much more robust front end and new
- Client: MCI, NGSN Group - Graphical user interface application development. Applied
UNIX Curses library for internal application user interface development.
- Client: Litton-PRC - US Government GEODSS satellite control systems software
development. Utilized Ada as the primary language and XWindows and Motif for the user
- Client: Kaman Sciences - US military CCPDS-R development. Utilized Ada for the
- Client: MCI, NetworkMCI Video Conferencing Group - Responsibilities included updates
and enhancements for MCI's Video Conference Scheduling software. Found and fixed a preexisting
major problem that was causing the software to crash after just a few hours of
runtime. After the fix, the application ran for extensive periods without fail.
- Client: US Space Command - GPS ground command and control systems. Utilized Ada and
JOVIAL for modules development.
CAE-Link Flight Simulation
Software Engineer III, NTF, Falcon AFB, CO, May, 1991 - April, 1993
US military ARGUS real time command and control system simulator. Responsibilities
included design for enhancements and maintenance of the US ARGUS system consisting of 2
Crays and 45 Silicon Graphics workstations.
- Applied UNIX, C/C++, FORTRAN, Silicon Graphics GL, XWindows and Motif for
Ford Aerospace Corp.
Senior Software Engineer, Colorado Springs, CO, November, 1985 - March, 1991:
US Department of Defense contract company. Responsibilities included an IR&D project for
User Interface Research, US Army MCS system development, and acting network
Senior Engineering and Scientific Programmer/Analyst, Houston, TX, November, 1981 - November, 1985:
- Created and developed a rapid prototyping system which could be used by non-programmers.
- Conducted user interface design and testing to evaluate various techniques for placement,
content, and color, to determine the impact on work loads and success.
NASA contract company. Responsibilities included database and terminal presentation software
for Shuttle Data Tapes, and, ultimately, lead software engineer for NASA Mission Control
Center main large screen display replacement system.
Programming Assistant, Houston, TX, August, 1979 - November, 1981:
NASA Space Shuttle Avionics Integration Lab (SAIL) - maintenance and development of
- Systems with 16 bit front panels (binary switch programming), others with primitive dumb
terminals and used COBOL, FORTRAN, and assembly languages.
Education and Training
Colorado Tech, Colorado Springs, CO
1996: Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
1996: The Java Programming Language
1991: Professional Certificate Program in Ada Programming
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO
1987: Post-graduate work in Computer Graphics
University of Houston at Clear Lake, Houston, TX
1984-1985: Post-graduate work in Computer Graphics
1983: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Computer Information Systems
San Jacinto College, Pasadena, TX
1979: Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Science
- User interfaces
- Computer graphics, 2D/3D
- HTML and internet
Also Experienced with:
- SQL and database operations
- Unix and Linux Sys Adm
- Ada, FORTRAN, COBOL, Java
- Assembly Lang., Machine Lang.
- Windows 95/98/NT/Me/XP, OS/MVS